This role is 50% hands-on design, 50% direction/strategy and forms part of our studio design team based in Singapore, answering directly to the Head of Design.
Experience Designers play a crucial role in all aspects of the digital solutions we build – working directly with our client’s senior management teams to define the digital experience, researching user behaviour, presenting and executing design concepts.
In addition, you will provide strong direction and leadership to our studio designers, educating and guiding them through the design process.
- Provide estimation, design planning and design strategy for a range of digital projects
- Lead client discussions, propose a broad range of design solutions across various digital platforms e.g. Web, App, WeChat, large screen, etc.
- Present UX to our client’s mid/top-level management teams, justify and support your ideas with research where appropriate
- Write clear design briefs and provide detailed design direction to team members
- Create interface wireframes/concepts/prototypes, that incorporate the latest trends, adhere to UX best practices, and meet user/client needs
- Define, develop, and maintain design systems across products
- Direct and critique other design team members, providing feedback and leading by example
- Evangelize user-centered design, design standards, and best practices
- Help grow design capabilities and resources within our organization
- Certification in a design or multimedia-related discipline
- Advanced understanding of UX/UCD/Usability principles, academic or on-the-job experience
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to articulate your process or ideas
- Significant experience as a principal designer, or as a leader of a design team
- Experience with UX research/analysis tools such as Loopback, Usability Hub, Typeform, etc.
- Experience running workshops with project stakeholders to identify user needs and insights
- Experience using UX/UI design software such as Sketch, Axure, Invision, etc.
- Familiar with design systems, styleguides, grid-based design, and development handover
- Proven history of providing design strategy and direction, must be comfortable giving and receiving constructive design feedback and be able to approach clients with a positive attitude when providing solutions and suggestions
- Good command of Mandarin (written and spoken) is beneficial as some of our clients are based in China
This position is based in Singapore. Only candidates with unrestricted work rights for Singapore will be considered.